What is Psoriasis disorder?
Psoriasis is a skin condition caused due to overactive immune or auto immune system. In this condition skin cells grow up to 10 times faster below the skin than normal cases and forms scales and itchy dry patches. When the cells reach on top of the skin they die and forms scaling on the skin. These scales or dry patches are whitish silver in colour and when they also tend to break in few cases. These Psoriasis scales can be formed on any part of the body but mostly seen on hands, elbows, knees, feet, neck, scalp and on the face also. Psoriasis can begin due to several environmental factors and it is a chronic skin condition. It is commonly seen in all age groups.
Our immune system fight against different diseases with the help of white cells, in some cases these anti bodies tend to destroy normal skin cells and produce too much cytokine. Excess production of cytokine leads to abnormal growth of skin cells. This process fastens skin cell cycle and improves circulation in the body and forms scales and itchy dry patches on different parts of body.
There are 5 different types of Psoriasis disorders, they are
- Plaque Psoriasis- in this type people face red, inflamed patches or scales covered with whitish silver plaques.
- Guttate Psoriasis- in this type people has raised pink spots on upper body, arms and legs.
- Inverse Psoriasis- in this type people faces red inflamed Skin around skin folds like armpits, breasts and genitals.
- Pustular Psoriasis- in this type people face pus filled blisters and inflamed skin on the hands and feet, it is commonly seen in adults.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis- in this type people face widespread of skin redness on the large area of the body.
Causes and symptoms of Psoriasis disorder
Though the causes of Psoriasis are not clear but it is believed that genetics, environmental factors and immune disorders plays an important role and causes Psoriasis in many individuals.
Symptoms of Psoriasis differ from one person to another, some commonly seen symptoms are
- Inflamed red patches of skin
- Itching and burning around the patches
- Thick and ridged nails
- Small red spots on the skin
- Dry skin
- Swollen painful joints
Homeopathy Treatment for Psoriasis
Homeopathy Treatment for Psoriasis is efficient than other conventional treatments. Psoriasis treatment in homeopathy targets at immunity disorders of the individuals which are considered as the main cause of psoriasis by moderating immune system. Homeopathic remedies for psoriasis are safe, have no side effects and are painless as they are made of natural substances extracted from plants, vegetables and minerals. Homeopathy Treatment for Psoriasis not just aims to treat symptoms but also targets at the root cause of the problem and its triggers and other factors. Homeopathy for Psoriasis also improves overall health of the patients like emotionally and physically. Psoriasis Treatment is offered based on symptoms, severity and condition of the patient by a professional homeopath.