What is oligospermia?
Oligospermia is a male fertility issue characterized by a low sperm count. Other aspects of the sexual health of men with this condition are typical. This includes the ability to get and maintain an erection, as well as produce ejaculation at orgasm. Sperm count in your ejaculate can vary throughout your life. A healthy sperm amount is often necessary for fertility. The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies sperm counts at or above 15 million sperm per milliliter (ml) of semen as average. Anything below that is considered low and is diagnosed as oligospermia.
Causes of oligospermia
Many conditions and adopted lifestyle are mainly responsible for oligospermia.
- Enlarged veins in a man’s scrotum can disrupt blood flow to the testicles. This can cause the temperature in the testicles to increase. Any increase in temperature can negatively impact sperm production. About 40 percent of men with low sperm numbers or low sperm quality count have this common issue.
- Viruses like sexually transmitted infections can reduce the sperm amount in semen.
- While many men with oligospermia have typical ejaculations, some ejaculation problems may reduce sperm count. Retrograde ejaculation is one such issue. This occurs when semen enters the bladder instead of leaving from the tip of the penis.
- Certain medications may cause ejaculation problems and reduce sperm count.
- The brain and testicles produce several hormones that are responsible for ejaculation and sperm production. An imbalance in any of these hormones may lower sperm count numbers.
- An increase in temperature around the testicles may temporarily reduce sperm production. It is unclear what long-term complications may occur.
- The excessive use of some substances, including marijuana and cocaine may reduce sperm counts.
- Excessive drinking will also impact sperm counts
- Men who smoke cigarettes may have lower sperm counts than men who do not smoke.
- Being overweight or obese increases your risk for low sperm counts in several ways. Excess weight can directly reduce how much sperm your body can make. Weight problems may also interfere with hormone oligospermia production.
Natural Methods to overcome oligospermia
Natural ways to increase sperm count or to overcome oligospermia include:
- Natural ways to increase sperm count include, Exercise and sleep, reduce stress, stop smoking, avoid excessive alcohol use and drugs, avoid several prescription medications, get enough vitamin D and calcium, ashwagandha,
- Increase intake of antioxidant-rich foods, increase healthy fat intake, limit exposure to environmental or occupational toxins and contaminants, get enough folate and zinc.
- Foods high in sperm count-boosting nutrients include walnuts, citrus fruits, whole wheat and grains, most fish, especially wild salmon, cod, and haddock, vitamin D enhanced milk and milk products, garlic, bananas, ginseng, turmeric, most leafy greens, especially spinach.
Oligospermia Treatment in Homeopathy
Among all treatments, homeopathy treatment for oligospermia is considered to be the fastest. Homeopathy treatment helps in promoting spermatogenesis ,improve the function of the testicles and functions of seminal vesicles and epididymis. Homeopathic medicines help to improve sperm count and also help to improve semen quality as it increases blood supply to the male hormone-producing organs. Homeopathy Treatment for oligospermia help to increase threefold sperm count. In just two or four months after homeopathy treatment , sperm counts of three million per ml to 40 million per ml can be obtained. The biggest benefit is that even after stopping the treatment greater count stays longer, whereas in male hormones allopathic treatment, it drops (and sometimes the drop is very serious) as quickly as the treatment is stopped.
Oligospermia Treatment in Homeopathy not only enhance the sperm count, but also the quality thereof. It elevates low motility of sperm to greater motility of sperm. It also simultaneously increases sperm motility levels.
Constitutional Homeopathy Treatment for Oligospermia
Advanced constitutional homeopathy treatment for oligospermia / diminutive number of sperm is personalized, in comparison with allopathic treatment, where all patients receive the same surgical procedures or drugs. Constitutional Homeopathy treatment does not treat oligospermia as a disease but as a corrective imbalance. It can transmute the situation by going to the root cause of the disease and stimulate the body’s rejuvenating capacity. Homeopathy treatment for oligospermia helps to correct and improve sperm counts in a natural way. Homeopathy utilizes the genetic constitutional method in treating several illnesses like oligospermia and so on. Homeopathy not just treats the oligospermia but treats the individual as a whole by enhancing overall immunity power.
Dr Ravi Kumar M, BHMS is a proficient homeopath with over 14 years of rich clinical experience and is offering services in Homeocare International Kukatpally branch, Hyderabad, Telangana.