While treating arthritis there are many potent treatments such as homeopathy, but apart from treatment, the food is also important not only for your joint pain but also for your overall health and well-being.
Arthritis is a chronic disease and you have to manage it for a lifetime, so keeping pain and stiffness under control through medication is not enough, you need to keep watching your food intake. Some food can help in reducing pain and stiffness or some can trigger it.
So, this blog is going to include 5 best and worst foods for controlling arthritis pain:
Best Food to Follow in Arthritis :
- Nuts – Nuts are a rich source of protein for vegetarians. They also contain magnesium, zinc, vitamins as well as the immune booster alpha-linolenic acid. They are also an easy way to get the protein you require to keep your digestive tract healthy, and they are very filling.
- Garlic & Onions – Full-packed with immune-boosting properties, they help to reduce signs of osteoarthritis and joint pain.
- Beans – It is a great source of protein and fiber, beans are the best way to replace many fiber foods that worsen joint pain and the conditions associated with it. Beans are loaded with folic acid, zinc, iron, and potassium— all of which are known to have important immune-boosting properties.
- Citrus Fruit – Fruits like oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and limes are citrus and found properties in the fight against joint pain. They are also rich in life-saving vitamin C.
- Green Tea – It contains many health-promoting benefits, green tea also helps in arthritic conditions. Loaded with powerful antioxidants and polyphenols, green tea reduces inflammation and slows the process of cartilage deterioration.
5 Worst Food to Avoid in Arthritis:
- Trans Fats – Trans fat should be avoided because it can trigger or worsen inflammation and also bad for your cardiovascular health.
- Refined Carbs – Refined Carbs can exacerbate inflammation, so use them very little.
- Gluten – It also must be avoided since gluten is bad for rheumatoid arthritis.
- White Sugar – Refined sugar may lead to inflammation and pain, so you should also avoid this as much as you can.
- Processed & Fried Foods – These foods contain several heavily processed ingredients, they would cause inflammation by triggering the body’s defense mechanisms, which will trigger an arthritic flare-up.
5 Best and Worst Foods for Those Managing Arthritis Pain