What is acidity?
It is a condition caused when excess acid is produced by the gastric glands present in the stomach. Acid is produced by the stomach to use it for digestion and break down of food. Sometimes excess acid is produced by the stomach due to the consumption of acidic foods, dehydration, and alcohol consumption thus giving rise to acidity. This excess acid starts to move up the food pipe from the stomach. This brings a sour taste in the mouth and a burning sensation.
Causes of acidity
Some of the common causes of acidity are:
- Eating endlessly
- Consuming certain food like citrus, tomato, chocolate, mint, garlic, onions, and spicy food.
- Taking intoxicants like alcohol, smoking, chewing tobacco, etc.
- Stress and Depression
- Lying down after consuming a large meal
- Gaining weight and becoming obese
- After eating a large meal, bending over at the waist or lying on your back
- Eating unhealthy food items before bedtime
- Drinking excess beverages like alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee or tea.
Symptoms of acidity
Some of the common symptoms of acidity are:
- Heartburn, which is a burning pain that moves up from your stomach to the abdomen and chest
- Regurgitation is caused when a sour-tasting acid backs up into our throat or mouth
- Never-ending hiccups
- Weight loss
Homeopathy treatment for acidity
Some of the best homeopathic treatments for acidity are:
- Carbo Veg
It is used when the patient forms gas in the stomach during a bout of acidity.
- Natrum Carb
This is used for patients who are suffering from a reaction in the food pipe leading to acidity.
- Nux Vomica
This homeopathic remedy is used to treat various forms of stomach aches caused by acidity.
- Arsenicum Album
This is used for patients who have a burning sensation in their stomach along with the food backtracking through the esophagus.