Gastritis is when there is inflammation, irritation or the lining of the stomach gets eroded. In the acute form, it causes sudden, severe inflammation. If left untreated, it can stay for many years.
Another form of gastritis is erosive gastritis. Although it doesn’t cause inflammation, it can lead to bleeding and ulcers in the stomach lining.
Gastric problem causes
Gastric problems are caused by many reasons. The most common among the reasons are excessive alcohol use, stress, anti-inflammatory drugs or use of other medicines such as aspirin. It is also caused by:
- Bacteria and viruses causing infections
- Bile Reflux: When bile from the bile tract back-tracks and moves into the stomach.
- Helicobacter Pylori: It is a bacteria that lives in the mucous lining of the stomach. If it is not treated, the infection could lead to ulcers, and in extreme cases, stomach cancer.
Gastric problem symptoms
Symptoms of the gastric problems vary among individuals. Some of the common symptoms are:
- Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
- Loss of appetite
Homeopathy remedies for Gastric Pain
- Carbo Vegetabilis
This is given to patients suffering from bloating and gas in the stomach with belching.
This is given to patients who are suffering from discomfort, indigestion and bloating around the waist after consuming onion or garlic.
- Natrum Carbonicum
This is given to people who have trouble in digesting and assimilating many foods. These people have to stay on restricted diets.
- Nux Vomica
This remedy is given to patients suffering from nausea and cramps caused due to indigestion post eating excessively spicy food or drinking alcohol.
This is given to patients suffering from gastric discomfort post eating too much fatty food, cakes, ice cream, etc. They also suffer from bloating, belching and slow digestion.